In anticipation of the upcoming Town of Amherst Assessment Equity Project, a new website has been developed. This new website was developed with the cooperation of the Town of Amherst Office of the Assessor and Systems Development Group (SDG).
The new website provides the following information and functionality:
- A new comparable properties tool to assist with the Informal Assessment Challenge Process
- General information, illustrated tax rates, and a workshop outline
- Property Sales and Assessments information
- Informal Assessment Review applications
The new website can be found here: http://townofamherst.sdgnys.com/search.aspx
2016 Final Assessment Roll
The 2016 Final Assessment Roll is now available. Due the large size of the file, the download may take several minutes.
The goal of the Assessor's Office is to determine the fair and equitable assessment for your property.
Please take a look at our newly released Comprehensive Property Information (CPI) system developed through a grant with the New York State Office of Real Property Services. The CPI provides unparalleled access to:
- Property Inventory Data
- Property Tax information including payments and tax bill detail, and
- Online Mapping to locate properties in a dynamic environment
Our departmental information consists of the following areas: