The Engineering Department's main office is located at 1100 North Forest Road. The Engineering Department employs approximately 125 people, with an average annual budget of $15 million. The first Town Engineer was appointed in 1932.
The Engineering Department was established in 1951. The department's function and mission has grown significantly since its creation. Functions of the engineering department include assisting residents, managing construction projects, treating wastewater, composting yard waste, and maintaining infrastructure. The department consists of four divisions. For more information about each of these divisions, please see the menu to the left.
- Engineering Support Division
construction management, utility information, geodetic control system
- Sewer Maintenance Division
operate and maintain sanitary sewer infrastructure
- Environmental Control Division
environmental and industrial permitting, yard waste composting, testing laboratory
- Water Pollution Control Division
waste water treatment, sludge pelletization, lift station maintenance