Criminal History (Record Checks)
Criminal History (Record Check)
- Citizens can obtain information on their criminal history by obtaining a APD-51 form from the Police Station.
- The form must be filled out and signed by the applicant .
- This will only apply to arrests inside the Town of Amherst (jurisdiction of the Amherst Court).
- There is a fee of $10.00, check or money order only. Cash is not accepted. Make checks or money orders payable to the Amherst Police Department.
- We also need to make a copy of your drivers license.
- After the form is received by the Amherst Police Department the applicant will receive the results by mail, in 3-5 business days.
- Title 28 of the United States Code prohibits the dissemination of criminal history record information to any person, agency, or firm except those engaged in the administration of law enforcement, the courts, or agencies entitled to access this data by specific legislation. Generally, private sector employers are not entitled to receive this information. This review is not intended as a pre-employment background check.