Certified copies of birth certificates with an official stamp and raised seal are provided for $10.00 to persons born in the Town of Amherst, not the Village of Williamsville. Births taking place in an Amherst home or Millard Filmore Suburban Hospital are on file in the Town Clerk's Office.
You may print a copy of the application to complete and bring into the Town Clerk's Office.
A certified birth certificate may be obtained by:
- A person born in the Town of Amherst named on the certificate who is 18 years of age or older
- Parents of the person named on the birth certificate
- A lawful representative
- Anyone who presents a court order
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Drivers license or NYS non-driver identification card
- Naturalization papers
- Military identification
- Employment photo identification
- Two utility bills showing the applicant's name and address
- Police report of lost or stolen identification
Copies of birth certificates for genealogical purposes are available for a fee to the general public if the birth occurred 75 years ago unless the applicant is a lineal descendent or has been designated to act on behalf of a lineal descendant.
For your convenience you may process online requests through VitalChek Network, Inc. an independent company. They can be reached either online at www.vitalchek.com or by phone at 800-255-2414. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using their service. They accept all major credit cards. The Town of Amherst is not responsible for the operation of this service. VitalChek assumes all liability.