Amherst Meals on Wheels Spaghetti Dinner is April 9th
Join us for a delicious meal and a great time on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 from 3:30 - 6:30 pm in the Amherst Center for Senior Services Dining Room. Enjoy Lebro’s Spaghetti Sauce, Mineo & Sapio Meatballs, Costanzo’s Bread, Garden Salad & Dressing, Dessert and great Raffle Baskets! Tickets are $10 each -- Eat in, Take out and Drive thru available – call 636-3065.
Spring Speaker Series
Steve Cichon is a Buffalonian, Storyteller, Historian. For over 20 years, Steve told stories as an award-winning producer, reporter, and news director at Buffalo radio and TV stations, including WBEN Radio and WIVB-TV. He's also the author of there books. Steve will present his books on:
- Wednesday, April 9, at 12:45 p.m. “Gimmy Jimmy”
- Wednesday, May 14, at 12:45 p.m. “The Complete History of Parkside”
- Wednesday, June 18, at 12:45 p.m. “Irv! Buffalo’s Anchorman. The Irv, Rick, & Tom Story”.
Please make your reservations by calling 636-3055, ext. 3108. Sponsored by Vinecroft Retirement Community.
Evening Cultural Series
Join us for our interesting Evening Cultural Series:
- Underground Railroad From Bondage to Freedom on Wednesday, April 30, at 6:00 p.m.
Presented by Motherland Connextions whose objective is to educate and preserve the rich
legacy of the Underground Railroad.
- Lockport and the Erie Canal on Wednesday, May 21, at 6:00 p.m. Presented by The Lockport Historical Society
Please make your reservations by calling 636-3055, ext. 3108. Sponsored by Canterbury Woods.
Spring/Summer 2014 Course Catalog Now Available
The Amherst Senior Center's new Spring/Summer 2014 Course Catalog is now available online by clicking here. Choose from 56 enriching classes and workshops to
brighten your spring and summer including:
Classes run from April 28, 2014 through August 29, 2014. Anyone 55 and older will find a wide array of interesting classes including Outdoor Painting & Sketching Workshop, Beginning Conversation French, Body Sculpt and Path to Healthy & Skillful Living.
Open to anyone age 55 or older or that person's younger spouse. Applicants must apply in person.
Town of Amherst Residents
- May join the Senior Center for a one-time fee of $30.
- Two proofs of Amherst residency are required.
- May join the Senior Center for annual fee of $30.
- Must meet above age requirement.