2017 Assessment Equity Project
In anticipation of the upcoming Town of Amherst Assessment Equity Project, a new website has been developed. This new website was developed with the cooperation of the Town of Amherst Office of the Assessor and Systems Development Group (SDG).
The new website provides the following information and functionality:
- A new comparable properties tool to assist with the Informal Assessment Challenge Process
- General information, illustrated tax rates, and a workshop outline
- Property Sales and Assessments information
- Informal Assessment Review applications
The new website can be found here: http://townofamherst.sdgnys.com/search.aspx
Assessment Equity Project Brochure
February 1, 2017 Press Release
The Town of Amherst is conducting an Assessment Equity Project in 2017, please check back frequently for more information on this project.
- Dates of public education events, forms to use for challenging your asessment, additional local information such as sales trends, real estate market, etc can be found on http://townofamherst.sdgnys.com/search.aspx.
- Scheduling an Informal Assessment Review appointment can be done by calling 1-866-910-1776.
Forms to submit for Informal Assessment Reviews
While the forms can be found on the right hand of the SDG site home page at http://townofamherst.sdgnys.com/search.aspx , for your convenience we have also placed the forms here. Please be sure to also go to the SDG site for other important information.
2017 Assessment Equity Informational Video 1 - Project Overview
2017 Assessment Equity Informational Video 2 - Valuation Process and Timeline
2017 Assessment Equity Informational Video 3 - Information and How to Challenge your Assessment