- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Sidewalk Information
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park (Audubon Alienation)
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Opportunity Zone / General Environmental Impact Statement (GEIS)
- Imagine Amherst
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
The Amherst Bicentennial Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Town Board on January 2, 2007 and amended on December 11, 2017. The Plan is intended to guide future growth and redevelopment in the Town. The Plan and the data and information that were used to support its preparation are provided below. Current activities and initiatives related to the Plan are also discussed below.
For questions or more information on the Town’s Comprehensive Plan, please contact the Planning Department at 716.631.7051 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Following adoption of the Plan Amendment by the Town Board in December 2017, the Town’s consultant, Town staff, and a review committee developed Zoning Code Amendments to implement the Plan. As the Code Amendments and new Mixed-Use Zoning Districts were developed, further amendments to the Comprehensive Plan were identified and prepared. These new amendments to the Plan are now proposed and reflect new information, ideas, and concepts that evolved with the development of new Mixed-Use Zoning Districts. The proposed amendments pertain to both text and mapping changes within Chapters 3 and 10 of the Comprehensive Plan document. The 2019 Plan Amendments are available by clicking the link below – additions are shown in red, deletions are stricken in red.
These 2019 Comprehensive Plan Amendments will be presented at a public hearing before the Town Board on July 22, 2019.
Amherst Bicentennial Comprehensive Plan (2017)
(Amended December 11, 2017)
The Amherst Town Board held a Public Hearing and approved a resolution on December 11, 2017 amending the Comprehensive Plan. The amendments mainly include changes to Chapters 3 and 10; these are reflected in a newly amended Town of Amherst Bicentennial Comprehensive Plan which can be accessed using the links below..
- Cover and Title
- Table of Contents
- Plan Summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Plan Concept
- Chapter 3: Land Use and Development
- Chapter 4: Natural and Cultural Resources
- Chapter 5: Economic Development
- Chapter 6: Transportation
- Chapter 7: Infrastructure
- Chapter 8: Housing and Neighborhoods
- Chapter 9: Community Facilities and Services
- Chapter 10: Focal Planning Areas
- Chapter 11: Implementation
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Comprehensive Plan Monitoring Program and Schedule
- Appendix C: Comprehensive Plan Summary of Goals and Policies
*Note: Due to viewer and printer variances, Comprehensive Plan maps may appear different than the originals. Please consult an original, printed copy of the Plan (available in the Planning Department) or contact the Planning Department, if there is any question in interpreting the maps.
2014 Amherst Bicentennial Comprehensive Plan Review Report
At its meeting of September 17, 2015 the Amherst Planning Board concluded its review of the 2014 Bicentennial Comprehensive Plan Review Report and approved a resolution with several recommendations for study and development of amendments to the Plan. The 2014 Review Report is available using the link below, with the approved resolution located at the end of the report. The Planning Board and Planning Department are working to address the recommendations in the report and resolution.
Amherst Bicentennial Comprehensive Plan Inventory and Analysis Report (2001)
The Comprehensive Plan was prepared through a process comprised of extensive public participation and consideration of qualitative and quantitative data. The data and supporting analyses form the statistical background for development of Plan. This information was compiled in 2001 and is reported in the Inventory and Analysis Report.