- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
The Community Development division of the Amherst Planning Department offers information and guidance for residents, homeowners and potential homeowners in the Town of Amherst. Find more information about services, housing assistance programs, rental assistance programs and weatherization programs in this area.
If you are in need of housing assistance or counseling on a housing matter, you can contact us at (716) 631-7082 or explore some of the links below.
On April 11, 2015 Amherst submitted its Five Year Consolidated Plan to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, on behalf of the Amherst-Cheektowaga-Tonawanda HOME Consortium. The 2018 Annual Action Plan for Amherst covers the fourth year of the Five Year Consolidated Plan for 2015-2019; the Program Year runs from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
Below is a copy of the Draft 2019 Annual Action Plan. This Plan is based upon the goals and objectives determined to meet the priority needs of the low-to-moderate income residents in the community. The Draft 2019 Annual Action Plan is available for public review and comment until January 15, 2019. Comments may be submitted in writing to Amherst Community Development, 5583 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221 until that date.
The Draft 2019 Annual Action Plan is available to the public in the Town's four libraries and Town Clerk's and Village Clerk's offices starting on December 14, 2017 for a thirty day public comment period. The first Public Hearing was held on this proposed Plan on October 1, 2018. The second Public Hearing will be held at the Town Board Meeting scheduled for January 22, 2019. Copies of the final Five Year Consolidated Plan and Annual Plan are also available on the Town's website, the Town's libraries, and the Village and Town Clerks' Office.
If additional copies of the Plan are requested we will be most happy to provide them. Please contact the Community Development Office at (716) 631-7082.
- Town of Amherst Community Development Draft Budget for 2019
- 2019 Annual Action Plan
- Draft 2018PY Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- Five Year Consolidated Plan
- Town of Amherst Community Development Budget for 2018
- 2018 Action Plan (revised May 2018)
- LMI Block Groups - HUD Release April 2019
- 2010 HUD Assessment of Performance
- Community Development Block Grant HUD Qualifying Census Block Groups
- 2015 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
Community Development Housing Assistance Programs
- Tips for the Homebuyer
- First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Weatherization Assistance Information
- Erie County Fair Housing Partnership
- Princeton Apartments
- Oxford Village Apartment (Allenhurst)
- Sutton Place Creekwoods
- Accessible Housing
- Amherst Affordable Housing
Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Click here for more information.