- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- 2020 Town of Amherst International Festival
- Decorative Treatment for Traffic Signal Cabinets Initiative
- Nomination form for 2020 Amherst Awards for the Arts
- Tiny Doors
- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Sidewalk Information
- Highway Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park (Audubon Alienation)
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan / Plan Amendments
- Boulevard Central District (Opportunity Zone)
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 1
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
- Imagine Amherst
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
- Zoning Amendments – Mixed-Use Districts
Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates
Amherst Implements its new Mixed-Use Districts in Sector 1
Beginning next month the Town will initiate the rezoning process for approximately 200 parcels of land within the Boulevard Central District. This triangular area is bounded by Niagara Falls Boulevard to the west, the I-290 to the north and Sheridan Drive to the south.
On March 4, 2020 at 3:30pm the Planning Department will be holding an informal meeting to introduce the project to the property owners of the 200 properties.
The meeting will provide an overview of the Town’s recently adopted mixed-use zoning regulations (8 new districts), how such regulations will be applied to each parcel proposed for rezoning, and how the rezoning process will move forward. Staff will be available to answer questions, and landowners may also take this opportunity to schedule individual one on one meetings with staff to discuss any concerns, even if they don’t attend the meeting.
The majority of the parcels affected within the planning area are currently zoned GB-General Business or SC- Shopping Center. The mixed-use regulations enable the Town to better regulate the design of buildings and their relationship with surrounding sites and neighborhoods, as well as, encourage varied types of land uses. The new regulations also offer varying building heights so commercial buildings can “fit in better” with surrounding development and be more contextually sensitive.
Affected landowners are encouraged to participate in this informal meeting on March 4, 2020 at 3:30PM in the Town Hall Council Chambers (5583 Main Street). The general public may also attend. A subsequent special public hearing for the rezonings will occur at the end of March before the Town Planning Board wherein, the affected land owners and those within 600 feet will be invited to attend and address the Board.
Land Owner Meeting
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Amherst Town Hall Council Chambers
Emphasis on speaking with land owners whose properties are being rezoned, but this meeting is open to the general public as well.
Planning Board Special Meeting - POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The Town will present information on the rezonings for Sector 1 at a Public Hearing before the Planning Board. The meeting is open to owners and the general public for input.
ZONING DISTRICT KEY: SHALLOW CORRIDOR 3 (SC-3), DEEP CORRIDOR 3 (DC-3), DEEP CORRIDOR 5 (DC-5), CENTER 2.5 (CTR-2.5), CENTER 5 (CTR-5), AND CENTER 8 (CTR-8)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.