- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
To help streamline weekly garbage pick-up, the Town of Amherst Office of Refuse Control has made some changes. Please click the link below to review the list of streets changing garbage days.
Find out more about refuse pickup and recycling changes in the Town of Amherst. Click here to learn more.
Holiday Pickup Schedule
Normal weekly refuse and recyclable collection will occur with the holiday exceptions below. If your collection falls on or follows any of these days, your pick up will be delayed one day with Friday's pick up done on Saturday.
- Mon., Jan 1, 2018 (New Years Day)
- Mon., May 28, 2018 (Memorial Day)
- Wed., July 4, 2018 (Independence Day)
- Mon., Sept 3, 2018 (Labor Day)
- Thu., Nov 22, 2018 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Tue., Dec 25, 2018 (Christmas Day)
Yardwaste collection begins on April 1st and runs through November 30th annually. Click here for yardwaste regulations.
Please call the Refuse Control Office at (716) 631-7119 or email email@example.com to order a replacement tote or recycling tote (if broken).