- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Opportunity Zone / General Environmental Impact Statement (GEIS)
- Imagine Amherst
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
Roadways within the Town of Amherst are diverse and present varying challenges and opportunities for improvement. The Context Sensitive Highway Design Report was a collaborative effort intended to proactively address the transportation issues of various roadway types – “character corridors” – in the Town, while preserving and enhancing surrounding neighborhoods and commercial districts. It provides specific design guidance that will be used as a reference by the Town of Amherst, Erie County, and New York State Department of Transportation in designing future transportation improvement projects.
For more information on the project, please contact the Amherst Planning Department at (716) 631-7051.
For more information on context-sensitive highway design, please see the following links.