- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
The Housing Counseling provides the following core services:
- Mortgage foreclosure prevention counseling- housing counselors work with homeowners and the lenders/servicers to determine an affordable solution in order to resolve or prevent mortgage delinquency or default which may cause loss of a home.
- Rental assistance counseling-housing counselors work with tenants to locate, secure and maintain affordable rental housing. Periodically, we receive government funds from FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). When funding is available, we provide qualified recipients with financial assistance with either their first month’s rent or one month’s past due rent.
- Homeless prevention counseling - housing counselors work with tenants to find affordable housing. In many cases, we provide emergency food through our food pantry. We also assist the client in securing emergency living space through our linkages with local shelters.
- Financial literacy education-We provide workshops and presentations on topics such as budgeting, credit repair, banking, predatory lending and avoiding mortgage foreclosure. Our presentations are targeted to the specific audience in order to meet their needs most effectively. We regularly conduct sessions for youth groups, senior programs and other Urban League program clients and staff members. Additionally, we distribute handouts and information at community events and health fairs.
- Fair housing counseling and education-We provide information to inform public of their fair housing rights and responsibilities, and how to report an alleged violation of those rights.
Program Services & Activities
- Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Budget Counseling
- Credit Counseling
- Rental Assistance Counseling
- Fair Housing Information
- Predatory Lending Counseling