- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Copies of Police Reports are available at the Amherst Police Records Department:
- In person: Monday thru Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (non-legal holidays).
- Via US Mail: Must include a self-addressed stamped return envelope.
- Fees: Most reports that are less than 8 pages long are free. Reports longer than 8 pages are $0.25 per page.
A copy of the actual police report is not available. A summary of the report is available as a copy and is usually one page in length.
Generally, if you were involved in a accident where the Amherst Police responded, we either assisted you in advice, exchanging information or the officer filled out a "Accident Information Exchange Form" only, or a MV-104A (NY State DMV form) and a "Accident Information Exchange Form". Usually if you have a copy of the "Accident Information Exchange Form", this is all the information you need. Unless at the top of the "Accident Information Exchange Form" the box is checked "Accident Report on File", there is no further information on file at the Police Station. Your insurance company will obtain a copy of the MV-104A through our records department. If you have some circumstance where you need to have a copy of the MV-104A, you can obtain one from crashdocs.org/ny-amherstpd.
Statistical Research / Questions
Please call the Amherst Police Records Department at (716) 689-1322.