- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Who can file a small claims case in Amherst?
To bring a claim to Amherst Town Court, you must be an individual or DBA. (LLC or Inc must go to Commercial Small Claims in City of Buffalo).
Also the person you are bringing the case against must have a mailing address in the Town of Amherst and the claim must be $3,000 or less.
(Any claim $3,000 to $5,000 must go to City Courts in Buffalo, Tonawanda or Lackawanna).
Once filed a court date will be assigned and papers will be served.
What are the filing fees for a small claims case?
- $10 for claim of $1,000 or less
- $15 for claim of $1,000 tp $3,000.