- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Amherst Resident Membership-$30 one-time fee
A lifetime membership is open to all Town of Amherst residents, 55 years of age and older (and their younger spouse). This one-time fee of $30 allows members to take advantage of classes, and in all activities, including clubs and special events. Applicants must apply in person and an appointment is recommended. A proof of residency is required. (An Amherst Resident is someone whose property taxes are paid to the Town of Amherst.)
Non-Resident Membership-$30 annually
Non-residents may join the Amherst Center for Senior Services and pay their dues each year. Members must be 55 years of age and older (and their younger spouse). This annual fee of $30 allows non-resident to participate in all classes and activities, including clubs and special events. Applicants must apply in person and an appointment is recommended.
Our Center facilities have been designed for independent seniors. The following are guidelines that individuals must meet before qualifying as a member. A member must be:
- 55 years of age or older.
- Able to independently negotiate Center facilities/field trip locations safely.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the Center and if using Amherst Senior Transportation Services, to independently get on and off a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Able to understand and carry out directions from staff.
- Able to recognize and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Able to participate appropriately in a social setting using respectful manners and language.
- Able to eat independently.
- Able to use the restroom unassisted.
- Poses no risk to self or others.
An individual who requires assistance with activities of daily living may be able to join in Center activities if he/she has a companion or family member with them at all times and approval from Center Director. All program applicants must meet eligibility requirements, participation guidelines, and adhere to the Code of Conduct for the Senior Center. The Amherst Center for Senior Services reserves the right to deny access to the Senior Center or to discharge a participant when program eligibility requirements are no longer met.
If you would like to make an appointment to join or have any membership questions, please contact Tammy Jacobs at 633-3055, ext. 3172 or at email@example.com.