- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Senior Outreach Services (SOS) strives to identify and assist persons age 60 and older and their families who wish to maintain independent living in their own homes.
Who We Are
SOS is a government funded program providing assistance to persons age 60 and older. Our free services are available to all seniors residing in the Town of Amherst, Clarence, and Newstead.
- Case Management-The SOS staff provides assessment and re-assessment, care planning, arranging for services, follow-up, monitoring and discharge to ensure the needs are being met.
- Community Services-The SOS staff can provide you with information and application assistance for home delivered meal program, transportation services, home care, social adult day program, personal emergency response buttons, and caregiver services.
- Assistance With Applications for Government Programs-The SOS staff can assist with the completion of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), Medicare Savings Program (MSP), Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) and others.
- Information and Referral-The SOS Staff can assist you with finding community resources, support groups, housing options, accessibility home improvement programs and health insurance.