- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Fire Complaints or Youth Fire Setter Problems
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (716) 631-7140
- After Hours and Weekends (716) 689-1212
Knox Company Store for Amherst Fire Safety Division.
**FIRE DEPARTMENT USE ONLY **
Knox Key Secure 6 Ordering
Please be advised that Fire Departments wishing to place an order for a Knox Key Secure 6 key control unit shall review the information sheets and complete the online application process. The following process for ordering a Knox Key Secure 6 is required to be completed by all fire departments within the Town of Amherst.
Ordering shall be via online submittal using Knox Key Secure 6 online order link OR submitting a paper copy of the following: Town of Amherst Knox Key Secure 6 Order Form, Knox Customer Information Form, and FD Tax Exempt Form.
If you have any questions pertaining to the Knox Key Secure 6 ordering please contact Fire Inspector John Pidgeon.
If submitting online, please use our Knox Key Secure 6 Ordering Form
If submitting via paper form then please mail all documents to:
Town of Amherst
Fire Safety Division
5583 Main St
Williamsville, NY 14221
Click on the form links below to open and download a copy of each form.
- Completed Town of Amherst Knox Key Secure 6 Order Form
- Completed Knox Customer Information Form
- Submit Tax Exempt Form
*Please note that submitting paper copies will delay the ordering of Knox Key Secure 6. Online processing will expedite and streamline the process.
- Public Assembly: conduct annual inspection required by NYS and provide capacity certificates.
- Nursing Homes, Daycare Centers and Private Schools
- Industrial and Storage Occupancies: conduct fire safety inspections with priority on high hazard uses
- Multiple Residences: conduct fire safety inspections and ensure compliance with NYS Multiple Residence Law and NYS Property Maintenance and Fire Code of NYS.
- Other Commercial Occupancies: conduct fire safety inspections including stores, offices gasoline stations etc.
- Certificate of Occupancy: conduct final fire safety inspections for construction and issuance of certificate of compliance or occupancy.
- Damaged or Vacant Buildings: conduct inspections of these buildings per the Fire Code of NYS or the Property Maintenance Code of NYS.
- Fire Protection Equipment Quick Permits: conduct inspections of these minor work permits.
- Investigate all fire safety complaints and prosecute if necessary.
Fire Origin and Cause
- Assist the Fire Chiefs with origin and cause determination of fires.
Site Plans Review
- Conduct reviews of all site plans for fire safety.
Fire Protection Equipment Review
- Conduct reviews of all building permits for fire protection equipments.
Fire Prevention / Operating Permits
- Issue fire prevention / operating permits per Chapter 83 of Town of Amherst Code Part V, 83-5-3
- Administration of the false alarm ordinance
- Prepare and present programs to schools, service clubs, employee group’s volunteer fire departments etc.
- Meet with architects and engineers concerning various code sections and concerns.
- Provide fire safety pamphlets etc.
Volunteer Fire Departments
- Serve as liaison between the various fire departments and Town departments.
Youth or Juvenile Fire Setters
- Provide consultation to parents and youths to diminish curiosity fires