- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- 2020 Town of Amherst International Festival
- Decorative Treatment for Traffic Signal Cabinets Initiative
- Nomination form for 2020 Amherst Awards for the Arts
- Tiny Doors
- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Sidewalk Information
- Highway Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan / Plan Amendments
- Boulevard Central District (Opportunity Zone)
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 1
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 2
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
- Imagine Amherst
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Snyder – Harlem & Main Street Rezonings
- South Campus Intermunicipal Planning Framework
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
- Zoning Amendments – Mixed-Use Districts
- Town of Amherst Emergency Operations Center, Planning Division
The Town of Amherst currently provides a Sidewalk Snow Relief Program which assists residents who are located in two special districts that have exceptional hardships in clearing their sidewalks during winter months by providing snow relief services. This helps ensure that sidewalks are clear and safe for use by pedestrians in accordance with Town Code 83-9-5. The Town’s Sidewalk Snow Relief Committee continues to receive requests from residents and neighborhoods for sidewalk snow clearing services, but it is not possible for the Town to include all requests in its current program.
Therefore, the Town has created a list of sidewalk snow clearing contractors who are willing and able to contract with property owners to clear snow on private sidewalks during winter months. The list can be accessed by using the link below. This list is continuously updated as contractor requests are received.
The Town does not recommend contractors. The list of contractors is simply made available to residents who may then contact individual companies to contract for sidewalk snow clearing services. The Town is not involved and does not have any responsibility beyond forming, maintaining, and making the list available to residents. Any agreements or contracts regarding pricing, hours, etc. would be between the resident and the contractor, and would not involve the Town. It is recommended that residents get more than one quote from various contractors and inquire about contractors having up-to-date insurance.
Click here to view the Sidewalk Snow Clearing Contractor List
For complaints about contractors, please contact the Engineering Department at (716) 631-7154. This may result in the removal of a contractor from the list.
If interested in being included on the list of sidewalk snow clearing contractors that would be available to Town residents, please fill out and submit the online form using the link below. To qualify, contractors must abide by the Town’s Noise Ordinance.
Click here to submit the online form.
Please contact the Engineering Department at (716) 631-7154 with any other questions.