- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
The Town of Amherst Parks Department, which is a part of the Amherst Highway Department maintains all of the Town owned trees located on the Town of Amherst Right of Ways (R.O.W.), in Town Parks and Recreational areas and on Town owned properties. The Forestry Division within the Parks Department is responsible for removing diseased or dead trees, trimming Town trees and ordering the planting of new trees to replace what was removed.
Residents are prohibited from removing any Town owned trees. If a resident has a problem with a Town tree they should contact the Highway Department. Prior to removing any Town owned tree on the R.O.W. Highway or Parks personnel will try to contact the property owner during the business hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM weekdays.
Town trees that are not dying or dead will not be removed because of sidewalk intrusion. It is the property owner’s responsibility to maintain their sidewalks as described in the Town Code.
The Highway Department will grind Town tree roots in the Town’s right of way under the following conditions:
- The property owner must give Highway at least 2 days’ notice to request a root removal.
- The property owner must remove any obstacles that cover or could prevent our equipment from removing the roots. This could be sidewalk slabs or driveway surfaces.
- The property owner will be responsible to remove all of the grinding material, this will not be done by the Town.
- The Highway will only remove roots in the Town’s right of way, not a private property.